Mitsui Chemicals America, Inc. offers two types of UNISTOLE™, which are primers and adhesives mostly composed of liquid modified polyolefins.
- UNISTOLE™ P is a liquid primer for coating and bonding polypropylene (PP) and various engineering plastics, rubber and other materials, which do not readily bond.
- UNISTOLE™ R is a modified polyolefin dispersed in hydrocarbon-based solvent used as an adhesive for bonding metals to polyolefins. This can also be used as a metal coating agent.
- Olefin Varnish XP is a modified Olefin based varnish for adhesive based on a non-chlorinated modified olefin. It can be used for ink binders, primers for olefin substrates, and hot melt adhesive for vaccum pressure forming.
These polyolefinic primers and adhesives are used in automotive, packaging and paint applications.
The advantages of using Mitsui Chemicals' line of polyolefinic primers and adhesives are:
- Excellent secondary adhesion
- Exceptional heat resistance and heat resistant adhesion
- Excellent electrical insulating properties
- Enables impact resistance
- Excellent gasoline resistance
- Flexible at low temperatures
- Excellent low temperature processability
- Exceptional thermal adhesion
- Low tackiness
- High elongation
- Solvent resistance
- Hot water resistance