T.A.F.™ is a high performance, cast, coextruded multilayer film made from polyolefin and is available for single use and for lamination sealant use. T.A.F.™ is made from FDA(§177.1520) compliant resin and is used for sophisticated packaging where a satisfactory result cannot be achieved with a single layer.
- Made from FDA(§177.1520) compliant resin
- Great for packaging high oil/fat content food products
- Retortable at temperatures of 125°C or lower (125°C for 30 min.)
- Ideal for PP containers (ideal for sealing easy-peel film-to-film)
- Cohesive peel
- Available in thicknesses #30 and #50, it can be dry laminated (anchor coating is necessary for co-extrusion lamination)
(Static friction coefficient)
|Yield point stress||[MPa]||MD
1. Test conditions
(1) Laminate Composition: PET#12/DL/Sealant #30 & #50
(2) Heat sealing conditions: Pressure: 0.2 MPa, Time: 1.0 sec, Sealing bar width: 5 mm
(3) Substrate: PP sheet #300
(4) Retort conditions: 125°C for 30min.
(5) Peel force: 500 mm/min (180° peeling)
(6) Comparison sample: CMPS013C #30 and #50
[Note] Results for CMPS013C #30 and #50 were obtained in separate tests that semi-retorted each sealant at 110°C for 30 min.
2. Heat Sealability
3. Easy-peel Film-to-Film Heat Sealability
T.A.F.™ Easy Peel Film is ideal for packaging high oil/fat content foods as well as microwave ready frozen foods and can be retorted at a temperature of 125°C or lower. The film boasts cohesive peel properties that make polypropylene (PP) container lidding easy to open as well as easy-peel performance that makes it perfect for bags. Specific food packaging applications include curry dishes, cooked spaghetti, grilled meat, refrigerated and frozen ready meals, frozen prepared foods and microwaveable foods.